We are the body primarily responsible for the fabric of the church building and are always looking for new members to assist in maintaining our beautiful church. Any contribution, no matter how small, will not go amiss. If you would like to join the fabric team please contact Tony Miller on 615201.
Listed below are some of the challenges that the team have had to face in 2015/2016 and continue to face:
1. Roof Leaks: There have still been problems with leaks from the roof. Temporary works have been carried out in an effort to locate the actual source. There have been no serious leaks in recent months. It is now necessary to decide on longer term remedies.
2. The new shed at the rear of the Parish Rooms, replacing the two small sheds, was erected in May 2015.
3. Glass Door: There are still problems with the door on a windy day. This has again been taken up with the architect hoping for a solution.
4. Historic England: An application was made during the year to have the Church upgraded from Grade 2 to Grade 1, in the hope that the Church would at least be Graded 2 star. Historic England carried out on inspection in October, and we have since heard that our application has been forwarded to the Minister of Culture for consideration.
5. Future Plans: A meeting was held in January with the architect, the Vicar, Churchwardens and Tony Miller to discuss how the Church could be carefully altered to make it more user friendly. Facilities such as storage, a disabled toilet, a kitchen area and other amenities were discussed.
6. Dora’s Cupboard has undergone a tidy up which included it being repainted.
7. A new lamp has been fitted to the Pulpit.