Additional information on some of the upcoming events in the church and parish centre can be found on this page:
Below is a list of the Gifts and Talents being auctioned:
- 5 bags of seasoned hardwood logs. C.£25. Can be delivered. From Rosie Steer’s Farm, Gulworthy.
- Foot or hand reflexology from Pat Warne. Treatment given at home, yours or Pat’s. Gentle foot therapy for health and healing, just put your feet up and leave the rest to Pat. Est. £25 – £40
- Gardening from Sue Eve. Light work tidying, e.g. removing dead plants or planting for next season. Two hours. Est £20
- Brass and silver cleaning from Sarah Pendle. Up to 2 hours in your home within 5 miles of Tavistock. You provide cleaning materials. Value starting at £20
- Wines from Charles Steevenson-
- A pencil drawing of your pet by professional Chelsea trained artist, Jen Parker. Jen was also a teacher of Art. Known artist with work selling around £50 per commission.
- A collection of 17 Victorian little brown cream jugs from Joan Torvill. C.£4 each, £68 whole
- Meal voucher for the Ganges, Tavistock, valued at £40
- Manicure by Taylor at Formerly Vaughan’s Brook Street c. £20
- A hamper with selection of goods from healthyhope at Holland and Barrett ….
- A professional vet offers Acupuncture for a pet in pain. Dr. Michelle Stead value £80…
- Lunch for two at Endsleigh Hotel donated by Tony and Barbara Miller. Value £60
- Gardening – Carrie Anderton – Lady Gardiner 2 hours near Tavistock.
- A three night break in a local delightful holiday (self-catering) cottage from firstname.lastname@example.org
This comes from Sally Pancheri and Chris of Brentor. The Cottage is in the village of Milton Coombe. The cottage can accommodate 2-3 people and maybe a dog. It is not far from the ‘Who’d Have Thought It’ pub and Buckland Abbey and Yelverton. Maybe for midweek or a weekend quiet or romantic hideaway – or for family/friends visiting the area. The Bolthole (now 2-3 persons) is valued in low season at £250. Book by arrangement with owner, on available chosen dates from end November until end March 2019.
15. 3 pewter measures. Tankard style 20ml/gill Pots from Harry Mason Ltd Birmingham. Value est. £18 Joan Torvill
16. Beautiful Book of The English Cathedral by Peter Marlow original value £45
17. Another beautiful book of Monasteries and Monastic Orders. 2000 years of Christian Art and Culture by Kristina Kruger. Original price £35
18. Cheerful colourful Picture of Tavistock Parish Church. Print of an oil painting by Eleanor Ludgate of Chagford. Noting the Three Hares emblem.
19. 2 Ticket vouchers from Barbara, Friend of Wharf and Tav Parish Church.
20. Membership of The Health Club, Bodyzone for one month. Value £28
21. ‘Men for all Seasons’ are offering 3 men for 2 hours heavier garden work at circa £15 per man per hour.
22. Load of logs – more than a ton – from George Mudge and Son c. £80
23. Pedicure, nail cutting, foot spa and massage from Pat Warne at TASS or home environment, yours or hers. Value £25.
24. Pair of large Edinburgh Crystal brandy goblets with engraving of golfer and trees. BNIB
25. Bake a cake per month for a year. Rosie Steer of Gulworthy Church.
- Granny/Grandad Sit for a couple of hours to allow family carer a break. By Joan Symons retired Queens Nurse. Companion visit no nursing undertaken
- Gardening 3 hour session by Martin Pendle
28. “ Martin again offers as above.
29. ATS garage – Air conditioning re-gas voucher. c. £75
30. Pens and Moor. 21 West Street shop. Men’s Hip flask stainless steel 7 oz. Clad in leather coat. Engraving initials or name also offered free to flask owner.
31. Scruples shopping voucher £10
32. A unique bag made just for you. By Pam Hunter
33. Lunch or dinner; two courses for two people at the newly opened Church Lane Restaurant and Bistro.
34. Outing – driven by Joy Loader for one person. To RHS Rosemoor including a cream tea or similar. £25 up
35. Hairdressing; cut and blow dry; by Donna at Formerly Vaughan’s
36. Calligraphy lessons for 3hrs – for 2 people – given by Loveday Spear. £40 upwards.
37. Le Crueset. 2 pint cooking pan in classic green. £20 Ann Parkin
38. Picture/Print of Gas Street Basin, a Birmingham Canal. By Lettyfield
39. Tutorial on keeping hens/tour of garden and hen houses. £25
40. Ironing – Carrie Anderton one load/session
41. Sewing machine tutorial 3 hours with Sarah Pendle for novices and nervous sewers concluding with simple sewing project £30
42. Also “ Sewing for 2nd person as above with Sarah Pendle
43. Ironing – Sue Eve
44. Tea for Two, sandwiches and cakes prepared and presented to your home
by our friends at The Lawns
45. More gardening from Sue Eve 5 hours. £50
46. Rifle Club – Introduction ‘try out’ session.
47. Wedgwood china trinket box depicting 10 Pipers piping. £3
48. Wood carving of oriental fisherman minus rod…. £15
49. Oriental style rug
50. Painting of Countryside.
51. Pirelli calendar
52. The famous or infamous WI Calendar
We would like to say a very big thank you to all the businesses and individuals who have given Gifts and Talents for the Auction in aid of St Eustachius Church.
To Book Stop for acting as our ticket office. Above all, we all thank you for coming and engaging in the spirit of shopping from our catalogue of worthy goods and services. Special thanks to Peter Williams of Drakes Auctions, Tavistock, without whom it would be chaotic. And Rev. Steve Martin for his support to Peter and his enthusiasm. We hope you are happy with the results.
‘Living with Bereavement’ – on the third Thursday of each month.
The Funeral has taken place, we have said our farewells, family and friends have returned home, and we are left alone with our memories, of love, joys and sadness and maybe regrets.
Bereavement leaves us in places we are not familiar with and finds us in different situations that we are not used to.
We would like to invite you to ‘Living with Bereavement’, a new group to be held on the third Thursday of the month from 2 pm until 3.30 pm in the Parish Centre Tavistock, next to the Bedford Hotel, where over a cup of tea and cake we can share with others going through similar experiences of the loss of a loved one. This group is for everyone, so please do come and join us.
For more information, please contact the parish office on 01822 616673.