The Church Mission Society – formerly the Missionary-Society – was founded in 1799 by William Wilberforce MP and other Evangelical Christians. It is an inter denomination charity with initial emphases on the abolition of the slave trade, social reform at home and worldwide mission and evangelism. The society produces a quarterly magazine ‘ Anvil’, now only available on line at The Church Mission website at this link.
It is our mission of the Month for March, at present led by Janet Brodley (01822- 618778); donations can be made through the parish bank account via this link to our donation site – or by cheque direct to Church Mission Society, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6BZ, phone 01865 787400
Ian Silcox for Janet Brodley